|In Text Challenge: Find it. Burn it. Proceed.|
- Find one worksheet assignment or task per day that could be done in text.
- When you find that worksheet task, set it on fire, and proceed with the lesson in text. J
|Guide them wisely....|
|The best worksheet? |
A blank piece of paper
|How do you help your readers and writers find the right "lens"?|
|Maybe we need to develop|
a healthy fear of the copier!
|A Chair for My Mother, Vera B. Williams…|
Great page for small moments, developing setting, and use of commas.
|Crow Call, Lois Lowry…|
Great page for making small moments big, setting, and character development.
|Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Eric Carle...|
Predictable text, pattern work, high frequency words, one-to-one correspondence, and sing-song language work.
|Click this link for a video from Teacher's College|
Reading and Writing Project
Whole Class Instruction--Rereading Texts
Respond to Stephanie at email@example.com
Have a great week, HSE. We hope you take Stephanie's challenge: Find it. Burn it. Proceed!
- Jan Combs, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Stephanie Loane, Director of Elementary Education
- Tom Bell, Director of Special Education
- Jeff Harrison, Director of Educational Technology
- Phil Lederach, Director of Secondary Education