- Brooks School Elementary librarian Kristin Patrick received grant money to diversify her picture book collection to widen the scope of what her students can learn about people of other cultures, abilities, and other social issues. She has a wiki for others to share in the experience and add to their own collection or use the materials in the classroom.
- Fishers High School librarian Renee Isom is hosting 1st Makerspace 3-D Printing Camps this summer with help from Sand Creek Intermediate libraian John Hochstetler. They attended workshops to lead these sessions and will integrate 3-D printing into their media centers next year.
Southeastern Intermediate and Junior High librarian JoyAnn Boudreau spent
the first quarter of the year tracking iPad issues for students and then taught
mini lessons for students on how to troubleshoot their own devices.
- Thorpe Creek Elementary librarian
Leslie Hopper created a Lego Wall where students can attach Legos to vertical
spaces, create artwork, write, and more.
- Cumberland Road Elementary librarian Kristin Hicks attended a Code.org workshop, which inspired her to add a computer science/coding unit for each grade level.
- Spring Break—Get Caught Reading: Post a picture of teachers and students reading. Use the Twitter tag #caughtreadingHSE
- April 11-15th – Spine Label Poetry: Stack books to create a poem using the title words on the spine.
- April 18th-22nd –Circulation Promotion: “Checkout” the books our students are checking out through social media postings.
- April 25th-29th –Libraries Transform Because....: These statements will be created by students and posted throughout all HSE schools.
|Learn more about our librarians by linking to their website!|
- Jan Combs, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Stephanie Loane, Director of Elementary Education
- Tom Bell, Director of Special Education
- Jeff Harrison, Director of Educational Technology
- Phil Lederach, Director of Secondary Education