My wife came home the other day and announced that we were going to “run” in the Geist Half Marathon. I was intentional about putting “run” in quotation marks. It’s a euphemism for “walk,” and perhaps “stumble” would be a better word.
|It's coming May 21!|
|This logo brought back memories of a book I read|
in my college days. Will this app help in other ways?
I'll get back to you on that one.
|Inspirational or just grammatically horrendous?|
You decide and let me know.
I have no delusions about setting records or finishing anywhere close to the front of the pack. But really, that’s not the point. The point is to get exercise, have fun with others, and enjoy the journey.
|Link to Register: http://geisthalf.com/|
- Jan Combs, Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning
- Stephanie Loane, Director of Elementary Education
- Tom Bell, Director of Special Education
- Jeff Harrison, Director of Educational Technology
- Phil Lederach, Director of Secondary Education
Respond to Phil: email@example.com
Did the title of this blog bring back memories for you old hippies (or new hippies)? If not, try these quotes from Robert Pirsig that fit with today's topic:
|Lots of memories....|
- You look at where you are going and where you are, and it never makes sense, but you then look at where you’ve been and a pattern seems to emerge.
- The place to improve the world is first in one’s own heart and head and hands, and then to work outward from there.
- Sometimes it’s a little better to travel than to arrive.
- Is it hard? Not if you have the right attitudes. It’s having the right attitudes that’s hard.